12) Detail page stage 1207
FOR ME IT'S ABOUT RESPECT
I GET PLENTY OF BOTH.
DAVID, LOGISTICS SUPERVISOR
Keeping nearly 40 Lidl stores across Northern Ireland fully stocked is no small task. That’s the job of our regional distribution centres, matching supply and demand 24/7. With goods of all kinds flowing in and out, including fresh and frozen produce as well as non-food, it’s essential that they are received, stored and delivered on time and in excellent condition.
Working in either the Goods In, Selections or Transport team, reporting directly to the Logistics Manager you will be responsible for the management of employees in this area of the distribution centre. This exciting opportunity will offer you variety, responsibility and the satisfaction of knowing that your role is impacting on the success of all stores across the region.
We are looking for an individual who is keen to develop their soft and hard skill sets and move forward within the business thus enabling you to thrive, develop and learn within the environment.
- Possess drive and ambition of the highest level
- A results-orientated management style with a desire to succeed
- Have the confidence to manage relationships and motivate employees around you
- The ability to lead a team and demonstrate the skills required to inspire others
- A clear results-driven work record with a proven ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- A strong multi-tasker with the ability to prioritise deadlines
- Possess strong organisation and communication skills
- Flexible and adaptable work style
- Adept at managing people, controlling costs and demonstrating a hands-on approach to ensure success
Your Tasks and Responsibilities
- Lead a team of Warehouse Operatives in our Goods In, Selections or Transport departments ensuring stock is received, stored, packed and transported according to the highest standards
- Deliver a performance-orientated and motivating work environment for all employees
- Participate in operational activities and demonstrate strong leadership skills through leading by example
- Management and development of key performance indicators
- Engagement and interaction with multiple IT systems which form the basis of key logistics processes within our Regional Distribution Centres
- Complete regular quality control checks and product rotation according to company guidelines
- Coordination of on-the-job training for all Warehouse Operatives and other trainees in order to develop employees and enable them to work proactively
- Development and maintenance of the team work schedules and annual leave planning
- £25,055 rising to £29,745 within 3 years
- 29 days holiday per annum rising to 34 days after 2 years (pro rata, including Bank Holidays)
- Company pension after 1 year
- Private employee medical insurance
- Initial training and ongoing development from an experienced team member
- Ongoing development and excellent opportunities for career progression
Your Place Of Work
In the warehouse you have chosen to apply to
Lidl Northern Ireland is an equal opportunities employer.