Prince's Trust (NI)
Prince's Trust (NI)
We at Lidl strongly believe in investing in our people and as a market leader in discount retailing in Northern Ireland, we have formed a partnership with the Princes Trust to deliver the Get into Retail programme.
- 18 – 30 years old
- Interested in a career in Retail
- Currently not in education, training or employment
So what’s in it for you?
- Practical experience in a Retail environment for 4 weeks
- Opportunities available across all of Northern Ireland
- All training provided and completion of our internal qualification
- Travel expenses provided throughout the programme
- Boost your employability skills
- Taster Sessions: This is an information session for anyone interested in the programme and it includes: programme plan, benefits, outlines commitment and expectations and Lidl company information. Interviews are then carried out in the afternoon with a PT representative and Lidl hiring managers. The interviews are informal, lasting 10 mins long.
- Selection Session: Interviewed applicants are then selected and assigned to stores in their locality. Each year Lidl takes an average of 32 young people (More than 50% interviewed) into the programme. To date we have supported 150 young people on the programme since May 2014.
- Lidl Induction: 1 day training session which encompasses all relevant company information, procedures and distribution of resources.
- Store Induction: Introduction to store which includes an onsite walk of the shop floor, meet and greet the with team.
- Store training: 4 weeks in store with varied shifts and training across the various store departments.
- Employability training: 2 days training to enhance employability skills. The focus of the training is centred around employability skills and personal effectiveness.
- Celebration Event: Combining all stakeholders to celebrate the participant programme completion to recognise efforts and development.
- Progress Sessions: in partnership with the PT we monitor progress through weekly contact.
Recruitment takes place twice a year in March & October
Contact the Princes Trust today on:
Call Freephone: 0800 842 842
Text: “Call me” to 07983385418
At Lidl we are committed to looking after you not only at work, but also in your personal life. This means that when it comes to your benefits package, we mean more than just the competitive salaries we offer. We have listed some below, but you can read about all of the various benefits we offer on our benefits page under Life at Lidl.
We're fully dedicated to your personal and professional development to help you reach your potential.
Having time off to spend however you wish is essential for your physical and mental wellbeing; to allow for relaxation and to catch up with things outside the workplace. At Lidl, we provide up to 34 days paid annual leave each year (pro rata, including Bank Holidays).
All employees are entitled to join the Lidl Pension Scheme after a qualifying period. This benefit is provided by the company allowing you to save for your retirement.
From time to time we all unforunately fall ill. In order to reduce the burden when this occurs, Lidl generously provides 20 days paid sick leave (after 6 months of service). The necessary medical certificates may be required depending on the length of leave taken.
Throughout the year, we promote wellness initiatives to support your safety and wellbeing at Lidl. Initiatives range from supporting your physical and mental health to ensuring your safety in the workplace.
We provide a generous remuneration top up for maternity and adoption leave to encourage new mothers to take that time out to bond with thei new arival. Statutory leave allows fathers to take 2 weeks leave to enjoy the arrival of their newborn or newly adopted child. At Lidl, we offer employees a generous remuneration top up to supplement this leave.
Using the Cycle to Work scheme, Lidl can help you attain a brand-new bike and safety equipment worth up to £1,000 of tax relief after a qualifying period of service. You can also utilise a salary sacrifice arrangement to pay for the bike over a 12-month period so that you can save up to 50% of the retail price.
Hosting sports & social events throughout Ireland, this club presents many opportunities to meet your colleagues through sport and become part of teams competing both internally and externally. There are annual trips abroad that are a huge success and plenty of social events throughout the year.
Danielle Brush - Prince's Trust
"It's helped improve my employability!"
Danielle has worked for Lidl for 4 years and joined through the Get Into Retail Prince’s Trust Programme which helped her develop her skills within retail!