Keeping over 200 Lidl stores across Northern Ireland and the Republic of Ireland fully stocked is no small task. That’s the job of our regional distribution centres, matching supply and demand 24/7. With goods of all kinds flowing in and out, including fresh and frozen produce as well as non-food, it’s essential that they are received, stored and delivered on time and in excellent condition.
Our regional distribution centre operates 24 hours a day, 7 days a week and we require staff to cover both day and night shifts.
Your shift pattern will be 5 days out of 7 (including weekends and bank holidays).
Working in either the Goods In, Selection or Transport team, reporting directly the Regional Logistics Manager you will be responsible for the management of employees in this area of the warehouse. This exciting opportunity will offer you variety and responsibility, and the satisfaction of knowing that your role is impacting on the success of all stores across the region.
We are looking for an individual who is keen to develop their soft and hard skill sets and move forward within the business thus enabling you to thrive, develop and command control within the environment.
- Lead a team of Warehouse Operatives in our Goods In, Selection or Transport departments ensuring stock is received, stored, packed and transported according to the highest standards.
- Delivery of a performance orientated and motivating work environment for all employees.
- Participating in operational activities and demonstrating strong leadership skills through leading by example.
- Management & Development of key performance indicators
- Engagement & interaction with multiple IT systems which form the basis for key Logistics processes within our Regional Distribution Centres.
- Completing regular quality control checks and product rotation according to company guidelines.
- Coordination of all on the job training for all Warehouse Operatives and other trainees in order to develop employees and enable them to work proactively.
- Development & maintenance of the work planner and planning annual leave.
- Possess drive and ambition of the highest level
- A results orientated management style with a desire to succeed.
- Have the confidence to manage conflict and get the best out of the employees around you
- The ability to lead a team and demonstrate the skills required to inspire others
- A clear results driven work history, expressing the ability to work within challenging constraints
- A strong multi-tasker with the ability to prioritise conflicting deadlines
- Possess strong organisational and communication skills
- Flexible and adaptable working style
- Adapt at managing people and controlling costs and demonstrating a hands-on approach to ensure success
- £27,500 rising to £35,700 within 4 years
- £25 extra pay per night shift between 00.00 and 7.00
- 20 days holiday per annum rising to 25 days after 2 years
- Company pension after 1 year
- Private employee medical insurance
- Initial training and on-going development from an experienced team member
- Brilliant opportunities to take on more responsibility and progression to Logistics Manager and beyond.
Cathal Roberts - Deputy Logistics Manager
"Our teams are a mix of different personalities."
As a Deputy Logistics Manager, Cathal loves working with a diverse team. He enjoys developing their skills and fostering relationships with them.