With over 6,000 colleagues across our stores, regional distribution centres and offices in Northern Ireland and the Republic of Ireland we are a big and ambitious team. We know our people are our greatest asset and our success is down to the commitment and dedication of our team.
If you have great leadership skills and you are determined to achieve results, then this is the opportunity for you. Our structured training will give you responsibility from day one and help you to use your commercial know-how to ensure the success of your store.
Please note that as part of your application you will be asked to complete a numerical and verbal reasoning test, designed to provide us with a more in-depth understanding of your skills and your potential as a member of team Lidl. To find out more and even conduct a practice exercise, please feel free to visit the following website: http://getstarted.cut-e.com
We look forward to receiving your application!
- Manage, motivate and develop a team of Customer Assistants and Deputy Store Managers and create an environment of respect and trust
- Recruit and develop the best possible talent to ensure the long term success of the business
- Guarantee customer satisfaction by always aiming to exceed customer expectations and safeguarding customer service standards in your store
- Monitor and control staff costs, store productivity, inventory differences, write-offs and operational costs
- Ensure full availability across the entire product assortment and adequate staffing levels at all times
- Apply and control the company principles of ‘Store Cleanliness’, ‘Customer Friendliness’ and ‘Minimal Queues at Tills’
- Monitor and ensure proper rotation of stock, freshness control and C-Date checks
- Adhere to all company procedures and commercial standards, i.e. reaching agreed store standards, presentation of merchandise, merchandising plan, etc.
- Ensure correct prices are displayed throughout store at all times
- You have completed your A levels or equivalent
- Minimum 2 years management experience
- Confident and persuasive communication skills
- Excellent leadership and interpersonal skills
- Able to work to strict deadlines
- Demonstrate the ability to adapt quickly to new situations
- A full clean drivers licence
- £33,250 rising to £44,000 within 4 years
- 29 days holidays per annum rising to 34 days after 2 years (pro rata, including Bank Holidays)
- Company car or car allowance
- Company pension after one year of service
- Private employee medical insurance
- Initial training and on-going development from an experienced team member
- Excellent opportunities for career progression
- An exciting and diversified job
At Lidl we are committed to looking after you not only at work, but also in your personal life. This means that when it comes to your benefits package, we mean more than just the competitive salaries we offer. We have listed some below, but you can read about all of the various benefits we offer on our benefits page under Life at Lidl.
We're fully dedicated to your personal and professional development to help you reach your potential.
Having time off to spend however you wish is essential for your physical and mental wellbeing; to allow for relaxation and to catch up with things outside the workplace. At Lidl, we provide up to 34 days paid annual leave each year (pro rata, including Bank Holidays).
All employees are entitled to join the Lidl Pension Scheme after a qualifying period. This benefit is provided by the company allowing you to save for your retirement.
Salary paid employees are signed up to the healthcare scheme and are covered from the first day of employment. The provided scheme ensures that you are well equipped with cover for various healthcare issues that may arise. We encourage eligible employees to review the scheme thoroughly to ensure they understand what is offered.
From time to time we all unfortunately fall ill. In order to reduce the burden when this occurs, Lidl generously provides 20 days paid sick leave (after 6 months of service). The necessary medical certificates may be required depending on the length of leave taken.
Throughout the year, we promote wellness initiatives to support your safety and wellbeing at Lidl. Initiatives range from supporting your physical and mental health to ensuring your safety in the workplace.
We provide a generous remuneration top up for maternity and adoption leave to encourage new mothers to take that time out to bond with their new arrival. Statutory leave allows fathers to take 2 weeks leave to enjoy the arrival of their newborn or newly adopted child. At Lidl, we offer employees a generous remuneration top up to supplement this leave.
Darren Molloy - Store Manager
"Empathy and drive are key to being successful at Lidl!"
As a Store Manager, Darren really enjoys the people side of his role. He encounters different situations from one day to the next - it's never boring!