Keeping over 200 Lidl stores across Northern Ireland and the Republic of Ireland fully stocked is no small task. That’s the job of our regional distribution centres, matching supply and demand 24/7. With goods of all kinds flowing in and out, including fresh and frozen produce as well as non-food, it’s essential that they are received, stored and delivered on time and in excellent condition.
Our Regional Distribution Centre is looking for a pro-active and enthusiastic individual to join their Warehouse team. This role entails various admin tasks, working within both an office and warehouse environment. Reporting to the Deputy Logistics Manager, you will be responsible for ensuring stock is checked, stored and picked efficiently and effectively to be shipped to all stores across the region. You will provide the vital link between the stores and the warehouse ensuring that orders and received and processed in a timely manner. This opportunity is ideal for an individual looking to utilise their strong organisational and interpersonal skills in a buzzing, dynamic team environment.
Our regional distribution centre operates 24 hours a day, 7 days a week and we require staff to cover both day and night shifts.
Your shift pattern will be 5 days out of 7 (including weekends and bank holidays).
- Support the Deputy Logistics Manager with daily tasks, including database management, stock management, the transport schedule and other relevant computer programmes
- Communicate over the phone and in person to other departments, stores and hauliers, dealing with any queries or issues they might have
- The effective delegation of store orders to ensure operational efficiency
- Process all relevant documentation and accurately input data on the warehouse system database
- Assisting the supervisor with any ad hoc tasks
- Excellent collaboration skills along with the ability to work independently
- Proficient in the use of all Microsoft Office programmes
- Strong administrative and organisation skills
- Confident telephone manner and excellent communication skills
- A flexible can-do attitude
- An eye for detail
- Outstanding numeracy skills
- A sense of pride in a job well done
- Experience within a warehouse environment preferable
- £20,500 rising to £25,000 within 4 years
- 29 days holiday per annum rising to 34 days after 2 years (pro rata, including bank holidays)
- £20 extra pay per night shift between 00.00 and 7.00
- Company pension after one year of service
- Private employee medical insurance
- Initial training and on-going development from an experienced team member
- Excellent opportunities for career progression
- Dynamic work environment
Marijana Babic - Desk Clerk
"You need to be organised & be able to work under pressure."
Marjiana loves working in a varied environment where every day is different.