Keeping over 200 Lidl stores across Northern Ireland and the Republic of Ireland fully stocked is no small task. That’s the job of our regional distribution centres, matching supply and demand 24/7. With goods of all kinds flowing in and out, including fresh and frozen produce as well as non-food, it’s essential that they are received, stored and delivered on time and in excellent condition.
Working in either the Goods In, Selection or Transport team, reporting directly the Regional Logistics Executive you will oversee the daily operations in your area of the distribution centre. Leading and developing Warehouse Operatives, Supervisors and Administrators, you’ll maximise productivity levels and guarantee our high standards of quality.
- Managing the performance of all departmental employees through training, mentoring, guiding and regular appraisals
- Recruitment, training and development of all employees within your area of responsibility
- Management of day to day operations for the department in relation to KPIs such as write offs, inventory, productivity and standards
- Overseeing and developing internal processes, procedures and policies
- Managing all aspects of cost within your department
- Focused on detailed quality control within your department
- Ensuring your department is compliant with H&S regulations and the team are adequately trained
- You have or expect to attain a minimum of a 2.1 degree in any discipline or have a minimum of three years’ management experience
- Experience in managing warehousing from both an operational and strategic perspective
- Well-developed interpersonal, communication and presentation skills
- Demonstrated ability to lead people and obtain results through teamwork
- Able to challenge at all levels, using appropriate manner and behaviour to encourage positive change
- Disciplined approach to organisation, administration and project management
- Organised, flexible, motivated and hard-working leader
- Motivated to make a difference in a challenging and fast-paced environment
- Keen interest in logistics
- £40,500 rising to £50,000 within 4 years
- 34 days holiday per annum (pro rata, including Bank Holidays)
- Company pension after six months of service
- Private employee medical insurance
- Initial training from an experienced team member
- An exciting and diversified job
- Company car (optional)
- Ongoing development and excellent opportunities for career progression
Chris Riordan - Logistics Manager
"There is great satisfaction when we overcome challenges."
Chris enjoys working with a team of Deputy Logistics Managers, Desk Clerks & over 130 operatives. It’s their responsibility to pick stock efficiently for 51 stores in the Leinster region.