For our Customer Assistants, quality is not just a passion, it’s a way of life! Putting the same care and attention into the little tasks as they do with big ones, our store team know how important their hard work is to the success and growth of our business.
Working as part of a diverse and dedicated team, you will love the buzz and energy of a fast-paced retail environment. You thrive on a challenge so you will love the fact that there is never a dull moment in store and always tasks to be done.
Above all else, our Customer Assistants are the face of our business, providing great service to our loyal customers. If you have a natural flair for providing outstanding customer service and are looking to become part of strong team with varied shifts, this could be the perfect opportunity for you!
Our stores are open Monday to Sunday so you’ll need to be able to work weekends, as well as weekday shifts.
Please note that as part of your application form you will be asked to complete a situational questionnaire, designed to provide us with a more in-depth understanding of you and your potential as a member of Team Lidl. The minimum pass rate for this questionnaire is 85%.
We look forward to receiving your application!
- Ensuring customer satisfaction is at the heart of all actions in store
- Interacting with the customer in a pleasant, friendly and helpful manner
- Maintaining store cleanliness and hygiene standards
- Maintaining agreed store merchandising standards
- Ensuring the correct quantity and quality of goods are made available to our customers
- Following freshness and rotation principles
- Preparing, baking and displaying bakery products
- Ensuring all waste is managed correctly
- Assisting in the stock count process
- Complying with relevant legal obligations
- Complying with Company Guidelines and Procedures
- A can-do attitude and excellent customer service skills
- The willingness to go the extra mile for our customers
- To be responsible and reliable
- The ability to be flexible
- To enjoy working in a fast-paced, varied environment, hitting targets and meeting deadlines
- To work well in teams and take pride in a job well done
- Preferably, previous experience in a customer facing role but this is not essential provided you have the right attitude
* As a Customer Assistant you are required to sell alcohol, therefore you must be 18 or over to work in our store
- £9.30ph rising to £10.00ph within 4 years
- 29 days holidays per annum (pro rata, including Bank Holidays)
- Company pension after 1 year
- Initial training and ongoing development from an experienced team member
- Brilliant opportunities to take on more responsibility and long-term career prospects
At Lidl we are committed to looking after you not only at work, but also in your personal life. This means that when it comes to your benefits package, we mean more than just the competitive salaries we offer. We have listed some below, but you can read about all of the various benefits we offer on our benefits page under Life at Lidl.
We're fully dedicated to your personal and professional development to help you reach your potential.
Having time off to spend however you wish is essential for your physical and mental wellbeing; to allow for relaxation and to catch up with things outside the workplace. At Lidl, we provide up to 34 days paid annual leave each year (pro rata, including Bank Holidays).
All employees are entitled to join the Lidl Pension Scheme after a qualifying period. This benefit is provided by the company allowing you to save for your retirement.
From time to time we all unfortunately fall ill. In order to reduce the burden when this occurs, Lidl generously provides 20 days paid sick leave (after 6 months of service). The necessary medical certificates may be required depending on the length of leave taken.
Throughout the year, we promote wellness initiatives to support your safety and wellbeing at Lidl. Initiatives range from supporting your physical and mental health to ensuring your safety in the workplace.
We provide a generous remuneration top up for maternity and adoption leave to encourage new mothers to take that time out to bond with their new arrival. Statutory leave allows fathers to take 2 weeks leave to enjoy the arrival of their newborn or newly adopted child. At Lidl, we offer employees a generous remuneration top up to supplement this leave.
Rachel Hynes - Customer Assistant
"I love how diverse my role is!"
Rachel enjoys working in a fast paced environment where she can develop her interpersonal skills among colleagues and customers.
Apply for one of 8 jobs!
Where would you like to work?
Please search for a job you are interested in